Just as I call responsibility a “double edged sword” so too is The Law of Attraction: it cuts both ways. If you want to attract good things, you must focus your attention on good. If you wonder why your life isn’t joyful and easy, just take a look at what you think about most of the time. If you believe that life is hard, guess what – it IS (for you). It’s all about energy. Since thought is energy, it is one of the factors in what is being attracted into your life.
One corollary of The Law of Attraction is “What you resist persists.” This just means that if you are giving a lot of energy to avoiding something, denying something or hating something, you are still giving it a lot of energy. You are attracting that very thing you want to avoid. How crazy is that? Therefore recognize that you are currently feeding a lot of fuel into the furnace of what you don’t want, and just stop it.
Here are some of the many ways in which we misuse The Law of Attraction:
- Worry – keeping your thoughts on a possible negative future and all the awful things that might happen is a very good way to ensure that something bad will happen. Stop and think about the present. Experience now and recognize that you are safe in this moment.
- Denial – You may think that denying something will make it go away. How’s that working for you? Denial is still a thought energy and it is undoubtedly drawing negativity to you. Accept what is, and move on.
- Avoidance – You can in fact avoid negative things, but not by actively avoiding them. The activity of avoidance, of TRYING to evade, is just another way of giving energy to the very thing you are trying to dodge. True avoidance will only happen when you just stop thinking about whatever it is. Once released, it will cease visiting you.
- Hatred – Whatever it is you dislike or even hate, is sucking your energy and creating a negative charge on your mind. You’ve got to stop. Replace hatred with indifference for your own sake, replace it with love for the sake of the world.
- Fear – Like hatred, fear is an energy drain with a negative charge. There are no doubt times when you are truly in danger, and on those rare occasions fear is a mechanism that the body uses to get itself moving. The rest of the time, fear just sits in your gut and drains your life. The more energy you expend on fear, the more fearful and unpleasant experiences your body can expect to have to deal with. It’s the law. The opposite of fear is peace, which is what you need to focus on.
How to effectively use The Law of Attraction:
The secret to The Law of Attraction is not thought, is not ‘treasure maps’ or pictures on the bathroom mirror that you see every day. The secret to using the Law of Attraction is FEELINGS.
Yes, the other methods work to some extent. Thinking positive thoughts will create a positive energy around you. Reciting affirmations may sink into your subconscious mind sometimes, or more likely, may trigger the feeling that you’re actually trying to attract.
Looking at that picture of your dream home or dream car may also etch the idea into the substance your subconscious mind will use to manifest, but don’t discount the feeling of anticipation, joy or elation that the pictures make you feel.
Here are some wonderful feelings that you will attract into your experience by feeling them in your imagination:
- Love – don’t just imagine love, feel it – love the people around you, love your family, your pets, your things, your life. “If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.” Well why not? Love the ones you are with, and attract more love into your life.
- Gratitude – If you feel under-appreciated, maybe you’re not appreciating enough. Appreciation and gratitude are not the same thing, but are closely aligned. Start appreciating your life, and gratitude for it will follow. The more grateful you are, the more the universe will shower upon you things for which you can be grateful.
- Relief – If there is something in your life that you’re not happy with, imagine your relief when it’s over. Imagine your relief at being hired for a new job. Imagine the relief you’ll feel when you’re healthy again. When you fully imagine relief, you can feel the negative energy being released from your body, what’s left is peace.
- Peace – If you often feel anxious, fearful or resistant, you must turn your thoughts to peace. Start by imagining what peace feels like. Imagine how relieved you’ll be once you feel peaceful. Keep focusing on the idea of peace until you begin to feel the feeling itself. Peace is and always should be your starting place.
- Free – What would it feel like for you to be perfectly free to do whatever you want whenever you want? We are very blessed to live in the United States, (and other countries) where our thoughts and actions are not restricted by our government. Nevertheless our actions are sometimes restricted by other factors, including our health. If your eyesight is poor you may not be permitted to drive. If you can’t breathe well, you won’t be able to take a long run in the park. If you spend a lot of energy being angry or resentful of your lack of freedom due to illness or some other factor, you are not going to improve the circumstance. Instead focus your attention on freedom, on what it feels like to be completely at liberty to enjoy your life. You may or may not experience a huge miracle, but freedom will start showing up in small ways. The more you appreciate the ways in which you are free now, the more freedom will open up in your life.
If you want to go a step further than just feeling, then take action. Act ‘as if’ whatever it is you want to attract in your life is already there. I’m personally not a big fan of this method, because it’s very difficult to act as if you already have a new job, or already have healed the condition that keeps you from running around the park. Nevertheless, if there are ways in which this will work for you, do them. Dress for success, eat like a thin person, or dance in the rain as if you’re in love.
Please don’t get me started about those who want to use the Law of Attraction for STUFF. Stuff doesn’t make you happy, peaceful, or free. Stuff may in fact show up – if you want to feel happy and secure, the universe may provide a house that makes you feel that way. If you want to feel proud and envied (not good emotions, but you can attract them), the universe may very well provide a snazzy car, but don’t expect it to make you happy. Be clear about how you want to FEEL and the universe will provide whatever stuff is needed for you to feel that way. Focus on the stuff, and you’ll just attract anxiety, greed and fear into your life.
The Law of Attraction is not just some catch-phrase used in a movie, in books or in spiritual teachings. The Law is a law because it describes how the universe actually works. You create your own life whether you use the law effectively, or misuse it. It’s your choice and the good news is, you can choose something new starting right now. Knowing how to do it is only the first step – you must practice using the Law of Attraction for your good, practice every day, practice with every thought and with every feeling. It may take time before you recognize the changes, they may be subtle at first.
One day you may wake up and think, “wow, my life is good, how and when did that happen?” I can’t tell you when, but I’ve just told you how.
If you’re looking speed up your law of attraction process, i will recommend you to take up this amazing loa course : 15 Minutes Manifestion Review